miercuri, 1 aprilie 2009

my favorite book



My Side of the Mountain - Jean George
This classic children's novel deals with a young teenage boy who runs away from home to live in the rural wilderness of the Catskill Mountains. This book will appeal to anyone who entertained thoughts of running away from home and trying their hand at the rugged life of the mountains.

Growing up, I loved romping in the woods and exploring the various creeks and streams the meandered near my childhood home. It was easy to identify with Sam Gribley, the main character of this novel, and I imagined that I had his same ingenuity and pioneering spirit. I must have read this book dozens of times and even as adult, continue to appreciate the timeless beauty of this classic of children's fiction.

Niciun comentariu: